COVID-19 Update: Professional Carpet Cleaning in London will remain fully operational during
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well during these difficult times. We wanted to inform you that we are still operating and have put in place necessary amendments and advice to enable the safe provision of services throughout this difficult period.
- Thorough cleaning is a necessary part of overcoming this virus
- We are operating a normal service with added safety provisions to ensure both cleaners and their customers keep safe during these times
- We have hundreds of cleaners willing to provide their services right across London
- The British Government has stated that work carried out in people’s homes can continue as long as the person doing the work is well and has no symptoms. The government’s health advice stipulates that workers should also maintain a distance of two meters to all household occupants.
- Importantly, the government’s health advice also stresses that under no circumstances should work be carried out in people’s homes where a person is isolating or being shielded. Additionally, no work should be carried out by anyone who has coronavirus symptoms, no matter how mild. Public Health England can provide further advice for both workers and households here.
- Asking cleaners to reschedule their clean if they are showing signs or have contracted Covid-19 following NHS advice
- Advising cleaners ensure sufficient distancing during cleans
- Advising cleaners to take extra precautions and implement Covid-19 specific cleaning measures
- Avoid all physical greetings
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres at all times with customers
- Ensure cleaners bring extra cleaning gloves, extra shoes, hand sanitiser / soap and [masks if requested]
- To spend extra time on cleaning ‘high-contact’ items such as handles, taps, gadgets and remotes
- To change dirty water even more frequently
- Ensure all materials used are washed at a temperature of 60°C
- To ensure the customer has the correct products effective against Covid-19 found here from the National Environment Agency
- To wash hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water and to dry them on paper disposable paper towels where possible
- To catch coughs and sneezes with disposable paper towels and to dispose of them immediately. When this isn’t possible, to cough and sneeze into their elbows to avoid infecting others
- Keep your current bookings as they are so your cleaner still has regular work. This is only an option if you and other members of your household are strictly adhering to the COVID-19 healthcare guidelines as set out by the NHS and Public Health England. Our cleaners have also been recommended to follow these measures.
- Reduce the duration of your bookings - you are free to reduce this to any amount you wish. Again, this is only advised if you are following the COVID-19 healthcare guidelines set out by the NHS and Public Health England.
- Pause your relationship with your cleaner so that you can resume it when you feel comfortable doing so.